- Sports Facilities
Madison Avenue Park is an urban park in downtown Memphis designed for art shows and outdoor film presentations. The park has been labeled a "pocket park" due to its size. For being such a small park it has many attributes. There is an art gallery, presentation area, seating, and greenery.
Owner: Planning and Art Resouces for Communities, Inc. Architect: Davies Tang and Toews Architecture
SHELBY FARMS PARK
In 2008, Montgomery Martin Contractors began working with the Shelby Farms Park Conservancy and landscape designer, James Corner Field Operations, on a $70 million, unified Master Plan of the park. Since that time, MMC has served as the Contruction Manager for the various phases including the Woodland Discovery Playground, the Shelby Farms Greenline, the Wolf River Pedestrian Bridge, Gateway Signs and tree plantings in addition to the lake expansion and surrounding amenities.
As part of this Master Plan, the $50 million, 180-acre, Heart of the Park project was completed in 2016. The project consisted of reshaping Shelby Farms Park's largest lake, recently renamed as Hyde Lake, from approximately 50 acres to almost 90 acres, while adding the new Baptist Memorial Health Care Promenade, featuring 2.34 miles of paved trail for walkers and runners. A separate bike trail runs concurrently with the Baptist Promenade providing 2.45 miles of paved trail for cyclists. Around the lake, signature amenities of the park were added including the following:
- Approximately 3,000 trees, 5 acres of shrubs, and approximately 70 acres of meadows and lawns
- The 8,000 square foot, First Tennessee Foundation Visitor Center, built to LEED standards
- The 20,000 square foot, FedEx Event Center, also built to LEED standards
- The Kitchen, an environmentally sustainable restaurant opened by Kimball Musk
- The Event Pavilion and Great Lawn designed to accommodate up to 25,000 people
- A new boat kiosk housing rentable canoes and kayaks
- New Lakeside Pavilions
- A 4,000 square foot Water Play “Sprayground"
- New, freestanding, restroom facilities
- A well house that encloses the well and geothermal system that conditions the FedEx Event Center and The First Tennessee Foundation Visitor Center
Owner: Shelby Farms Park Conservancy
Architect: James Corner Field Operations and Marlon Blackwell Architects
RENOVATION & EXPANSION
Montgomery Martin Contractors was the contractor of choice for the St. Louis Cardinals renovation and expansion of AutoZone Park in Downtown Memphis, TN. Renovations consisted of new seating areas, interior spaces, upgraded suites and four-top viewing areas, administrative offices and media / press facilities.
Owner: Memphis Redbirds, LLC / St. Louis Cardinal's
Architect: Pendlum Studio
SALVATION ARMY KROC CORPS COMMUNITY CENTER
The Kroc Community Center features 100,000 square feet of recreational, educational, worship and cultural arts space on 15 acres including fitness areas, basketball courts, soccer fields, indoor aquatic center, auditorium, meeting rooms, classrooms and galleries. The project is expected to achieve LEED Silver certification.
Owner: The Salvation Army
Architect: Fleming Associates Architects / brg3s (Joint Venture)